Friday, July 25, 2014

Sixth Anniversary

 Today is our sixth wedding anniversary. It truly only feels like yesterday that I was standing in a tuxedo and some all-stars, at a gazebo surrounded by family and friends, and holding the hands of the most beautiful girl in the world. Whispering sweet nothings that had finally come to me at 4:00 AM. My god she was so gorgeous in that dress! Absolutely breathtaking. I am not ashamed to say I cried as I spied her for the first time in the warm July sun. Every time I hear the songs from that day, I stop what I am doing and generally just sit there for three and a half minutes, just remembering how perfect that day was.  I am not much of a dancer, but that night I danced like a possessed fool! It wasn’t the wine. I had just never been so happy before, I had to get the energy out somehow.  
 Oh my beautiful bride. We have been married for six years and been together for, what will soon be ten. I love you more and more with each passing day. I have had the best years of my life with you and each year seems to get better and better. I can’t even imagine how cute and awesome we will be when we are old.

No comments: