Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Even though our long weekend isn't done yet it's going pretty well. Saturday, our car battery died so we had to get a new one from Canadian Tire. After my parents helped with our car we headed to the mall got some lunch and after bought Mario Kart for the Wii. The game is really fun!!



Yesterday, we started our day with brunch at ABC Country Restaurant with my parents and sister. For once, I didn't do the buffet and ate a yummy veggie Burger with delicious yam fries. Of coarse, Blake got the buffet because he wanted the mini doughnuts. After Brunch my parents came over and we went to the dog park. It was lots of fun, we threw the Frisbee and played soccer with a ball we found. The boys are very tired today from all that running around. I think my parents really enjoyed themselves. After the park my parents left and I started making a turkey-less Turkey dinner for Blake and my sister. Basically, we had stuffing, vegetables and veggie gravy. It was my first time making stuffing from scratch but it turned out really good, however made enough to feed an army. I think my mom would be proud of my skills in the stuffing department. We ate and drank some wine and after dinner played some Mario Kart.





Jen went home around 10ish so when I came out of the shower I see Blake and Bleu doing this. So cute!!! I guess they worked really hard today.



In an earlier post I mentioned we bought the game I worked on. Well we finally played enough to see my scene. It was pretty cool. The game itself has some things that were kinda annoying but in all an o.k game. Here is some still image from my sequence.




On the weekend, I bought a Shedder blade for Jake because he has been shedding a lot lately. It's great because It makes Jake coat very shinny and nice and less hair on the carpet.


It's rainy cold and dark today, so I think we are all hanging out and relaxing for he rest of the long weekend. On another note I was looking up some stuff about the Jack-a-poo and found this pic. Doesn't it look like Bleu a lot?

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hey my favorite Canucks: Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful veggie Thanksgiving. The little picture of the jack-apoo does look so much like Bleu that I thought it was a young picture of him. Your dressing looks delicious Nicole...It always warms up well, or did you use it in another dish? Blake and Bleu look like they worked so well together they needed a little nap...and that shedder brush is something I need to get for little Dutch. He is a shedder too. Earlier this evening he and I went outside in the backyard. There were lots of cows along the fenceline and Dutch decided to leap and hop towards them barking all the way. Then he ran down the fenceline barking at them . Some of them started to run away, others looked down at hime like what in the world is that! I told the cows that he thought he was a border collie--sorry for the intrusion. There is a new movie coming out on Friday...The Secret Life of Bees...The book was great and the movie looks good too. Maybe you two can go see it...or Nicole and her sister can go to a chick flick. Have a good evening...The debates just started and I need to watch Obama wipe up the floor with McCain....love Linda, Ben and Dutch